History of CISSA
- Centre for Innovation in Science and Social Action (CISSA)was initiated by a community of dedicated minds drawn from a broad range of disciplines.
- CISSA has 20 founder members consisting of doctors, engineers, scientists, teachers, social workers, policy makers etc who have the right and positive vision upon the world.
- Dr. G.G. Gangadharan, President of CISSA who is Medical Director,Institute of Ayurveda and Integrated Medicine, FRLHT, Bengaluru formally inaugurated CISSA at Thiruvananthapuram on September 16, 2006.
- He highlighted the need and outlined the philosophy behind such an organization in the modern globalized world to overcome a number of peril circumstances.
- General Secretary of CISSA Dr. C. Suresh Kumar, explained the evolution of thoughts, concepts and action that are being gathered together in establishing CISSA.
The list of founder members, participated in the inaugural meeting
- Dr. G.G. Gangadharan, Director, FRLHT, Bangalore
- Shri Ajith Venniyoor, Media Consultant and Guest Faculty, KILA, Thrissur
- Shri P.R.J. Pradeep, Social Worker, Thiruvananthapuram
- Shri K.S. Sumesh, Business Standards Daily, Ernakulam
- Dr. A. Biju Kumar, Kerala State Biodiversity Board, Thiruvananthapuram
- Shri V.V. Vinod, Corporate Relations, Thiruvananthapuram
- Er. V.R. Sabu, Sr. Lecturer, Engineering College, Pappanamcode
- Dr. C. Suresh Kumar, Triveni Nursing Home, Thiruvananthapuram
- Dr. S. Sunil Kumar, Sanjeevani Ayurveda Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram
- Dr. C. Suresh Kumar, Govt. Hospital, Parassala
- Shri. R. Hari Kumar, Energy Management Centre, Thiruvananthapuram
- Shri J. Radhakrishnan, Suvarnalekha Publications, Thiruvananthapuram
- CISSA is totally involved in non-stop proceedings to popularize good food, to conserve biodiversity, to spread the message of importance of Ayurveda in the society and other various initiatives
- The programmes like Annam, Biodiversity Congress, Global Ayurveda Festival, and National JackFruit Festival with massive public participation were organized by CISSA in association with like minded agencies at the regional, national and international levels including the Government of Kerala, Government of India and UN agencies like UNCBD.
- Also it has stretched initiatives in favour of good Agricultural & health practices, Clean Technologies and Disaster Management.
- The first office was started at Niramankara, Thiruvananthapuram and then shifted to the present location.
- CISSA has now its full fledged and state of the art office of 4000 sq.ft. with adequate staffing and other facilities in Museum Bains Compound, Nanthancode, Thiruvananthapuram.