Awards and Recognitions
1.Best Organisation for Biodiversity Conservation- The State Biodiversity Award 2017 – Kerala State Biodiversity Board
Centre for Innovation in Science & Social Action (CISSA) has bagged The State Biodiversity Award 2017 in the category “Best Organisation for Biodiversity Conservation” instituted by the Kerala State Biodiversity Board.
2. Global Prize of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) – Okayama Award 2017
Since 2010, CISSA has been conducting annual Children’s Agriculture Science Congress. Major objective of the event is to keep those budding hearts closer to the domain of agriculture. The event also offers a golden chance for school children to engage in an enlightening rendezvous with the nature and agricultural biodiversity around them. Each leg of the Children’s Agricultural Science Congress is an engrossing way of‘catching them young’ and passing the message of agro biodiversity and its significance.
In due consideration of this programme’s far reaching benefit, 7th Children’s Agriculture Science Congress emerged as one among the two in the world to receive coveted global ‘Okayama Award’ of Japan.
3. Metro Mart’s Food Innovation Award 2018
CISSA has conducted National Banana Festival 2018, and event devised to depict the dazzling diversity of banana. The event could set a spectacular display of value added products from banana fruits and plants that could generate huge public interest on hitherto unheard benefits of banana. In due recognition of this event, CISSA was awarded with Metro Mart’s Food Innovation Award in 2018.
4. Medibiz Ayur Excellence Award 2017
Since 2012, CISSA has been organizing Global Ayurveda Festival (GAF) biennially as a tribute to the domain of Ayurveda, which is one of the ageless gloriesof India in the area of indigenous system of medicine. CISSA’s efforts were duly recognized by when GAF held in 2016 bagged prestigious Medibiz Ayur Excellence Award 2017.
5. Sresta Seva Puraskaram 2016
- Headquarters of Regional Centre for Expertise (RCE), Thiruvananthapuram, acknowledged by UN University.
- Partner organization of the United Nations Decade on Biodiversity
- Partner organization of International POPs Elimination Network (IPEN)
- Partner organization of the International Year of Soils (2015)